Welcome to the Survey Merchandiser family! By signing up for the app you have already taken a step towards financial independence. Now that you’ve joined there are probably a million questions racing through your head, from what to wear to your audits to how to maintain a high-reliability score.
In this post, we will go over all the basics of how to succeed using our app and give you the tips of the trade to help you utilize the app to its fullest capacity.
All About Your Reliability Score:
First, let us explain what your reliability score is comprised of. The reliability score is simply how reliable you are when given a job.
There is only one way to raise your reliability score, and that is to complete all assigned visits.
If you have been penalized, it will only go away only if a Survey employee removes the penalty.
Scores are negatively affected by un-reserving a visit yourself, letting a visit expire, and missed visits. These will hurt the score just as much as going to a visit helps a score.
As time goes by, missed visits will stop affecting the score.
If you let us know that you will miss one, we can choose to delete it or reschedule it with no penalty. We still have the ability to penalize you, but only if there is a good reason.
Keep in mind that a low-reliability score will affect your ability to get the assignments you request. Most stores get requested by multiple people, and the Community Coordinators decide who to assign. They base their decision off of past performance.
Here are some other tips to help maintain a good reliability score:
- Don’t let the numbers bring you down, chat with your Community Coordinator and let them know that you are interested in completing jobs around you!
- DO MORE WORK. But don’t take on more than you can handle. Letting jobs expire because you had too many to complete is just going to continue to bring your score down.
- Reiterating the fact that communication is the key to success: always let your Community Coordinator know when you are unable to complete an assignment within the given time frame.Try not to erase assignments yourself. Ask for an extension, to be rescheduled, or to have the assignment exterminated. Your score is often negatively impacted by removing assignments yourself. This can be avoided by communicating with the Community Coordinator.
What Makes a Good Rep:
There are a lot of factors that make up being a good rep. In this section, we will go over the basics to help you succeed in your journey with Survey.com.
- Attention to detail this ranges from carefully and diligently documenting your visits on the surveys to making sure that you are capturing good quality photos. Good quality photos are not blurry, they frame the subject, and follow the directions. Another aspect that is often overlooked is commenting on the visit. These comments are helpful to the project managers to improve the survey, so if you feel like anything was noteworthy about the store, the products or the experience make sure you tell us in the comment section. Always remember to follow the code of conduct when completing your visits
- A good reliability score will indicate to the Community Coordinators that you are engaged and can be trusted to handle more time-sensitive assignments such as ones that require shipping. Avoid missing visits, constantly asking for extensions and leaving visits in progress for long periods of time. Use the live support feature when you have questions while completing a visit.
- Communication with the Community Coordinator is vital. We understand that stuff comes up, so instead of letting your assignments sit idle or letting them expire, let the Community Coordinator know that you either need an extension or need the assignment to be removed. They will appreciate your honesty and your rating score will thank you. Make sure to always conduct yourself in a respectful manner when interacting with the Survey.com personnel.
- Time management skills. Like we mentioned above, only take on the jobs that you can handle. Make a schedule of your assignments so you know exactly when you will be able to complete each one. Always make sure you can complete them by the given deadline.
How To Make the Most Money:
- Be willing and open to working on all types of projects and available to work on short notice. Limiting the types of assignments that you take on can also limit your opportunity to subsidize your income.
- Make sure that you are reliable because that contributes to you being assigned more work.
- Talk to a Community Coordinator and see if there are assignments that you are not seeing. They often can help you plan a route.
- Sometimes there is more than one assignment at one store. Check the app frequently so you can pick up multiple assignments at the same store.
- Don’t be afraid of the waitlist. Request as many stores as you feel comfortable completing within a given timeframe. Note that each survey has a cap on how many users can request them. If you run into the issue of not being able to request a specific project, just move onto the next one.
- Request Resets. Request the shifts that you are available to work and because of their popularity, the reset team will contact you if a spot opens up. For $15 an hour, these are the best assignments to increase your income. Requesting resets does not always mean you will get approved. Demand is very high for these because they are such a great opportunity to make more money.
- Another way to increase your revenue through the app is to do product demos. These can pay up to $20 an hour and they’re fun!
What To Wear:
- Dress in a conservative manner. You never know who you will meet while completing a visit, so dress like you’re going to speak to the store manager.
- Closed toed shoes are always recommended but not mandatory unless otherwise stated.
- Always check your survey before visiting the store to make sure that the job doesn’t have a set dress code.