Here is are answers to the most common questions. Included in this section are:
- How do I get paid?
- When do I get paid?
- Do I have an assignment? Was I assigned?
- What does "Filled - Waiting in Line" mean?
- Why can't I start my assignment?
- The team lead / manager said they don't need me...
- Why does the app show a payment range?
- Does Survey pay mileage?
- The Pending Payment amount is wrong!
- I uploaded my reset visit...what happens next?
- Where do I enter my Paypal email?
- Do you use Paypal.me?
- Do I get a referral fee?
- My referral isn't appearing on my list
See the main article about how to get paid.
See the main article about the payment schedule.
If you have an assignment for a reset (or any other Survey.com project), it will appear in your Assigned list.
To get to your assigned list, go to the main projects page in the app and tap Assigned. This shows you all of your active assignments. If you don't see the store in question, then it is not assigned to you. If you think this is incorrect, please message us through the app or email email@example.com.
Reset shifts have limited availability. There are a fixed amount of spaces available. In many cases, the number of people requesting a shift exceeds the number of spaces available, so not everyone who requests a shift will get assigned.
If you get assigned, we'll let you know and the store(s) will appear in your Assigned list.
If you don't get assigned, the store(s) will show as "Filled - Waiting in Line". That means all the spaces for the shift you requested are filled, but we will contact you if space becomes available.
Each reset assignment has a specific day and time that it can be started in the app. If you go to your Assigned list, you'll see this information. The app will not let you to start the assignment until the time you see on the screen. The start time is generally 15 minutes before the start of your shift.
The Team Lead or Store Manager said the reset is cancelled, completed, not scheduled, or that they don't need me. What do I do??
We are a third party provider of reset services. Sometimes the schedules or store needs change and we receive short notice, or no notice at all. Reasons include:
- Reset finishes earlier than expected
- Scheduling mishap
- More people showed up than expected
We will let you know about schedule changes as soon as possible, but we often find out about it from our reps. These changes are beyond our control.
In many cases, you will still get a partial payment...but only if you follow the instructions in the app.
Here's what to do in order to get partial compensation (details about partial compensation are always in the app).
- Contact us through the app.
- Remain on or near the store until you hear back from us regarding the status of today's reset. We will contact our client.
- *IMPORTANT* Start the reset in the app and follow the instructions. There are specific instructions about how to handle this.
Resets are hourly pay projects. The pay range shows the expected range of pay based on the expected hours in the shift. You will be paid for your actual hours (unless the shift is cancelled etc.; see below).
Survey does not pay mileage as part of its standard operating procedure. If mileage is to be paid, it must be agreed upon, in writing (through the app or by email), before your shift.
The dollar amount showing as pending is based on the initial shift estimate. The Quality Assurance team will adjust the payment based when the review it. See next question for more info.
Resets (and every other type of visit) must be approved by Survey before you can request a payment.
Visits are approved on a fixed schedule. Assuming the information and pictures you uploaded are accurate and complete, and that there are no revisions outstanding, your visit will be approved eight business days from when you upload it.
Business days do not include holidays or weekends, and business day 1 is the business day after you uploaded your visit.
Here is a table that shows when your visit will be approved and paid based on upload date.
You can enter it in your profile (Menu -> Profile) or in the Payment Center (Menu -> Payment Center). Please note that the field to enter your Paypal email will only appear at the Payment Center when you have a balance you can request. Once it's entered there, it is saved.
No. Please do not send us a payment request via Paypal.me. We will not honor requests made that way. The only way to request a payment is through the Payment Center in the app.
For more information, please go to the main article about requesting payments.
Yes! Survey has a great referral program:
- You earn a bonus of 10% of what each person you refer earns, up to and until you earn $100 from each person
- There is no time limit - you will continue getting the 10% bonus until you hit $100, whether that takes a week, a month, or 10 years.
- There is no limit to how many people you refer. The more you refer, the more you can earn.
How it works:
- The person you refer must enter your referral code when they register their account in the app.
- You can find your referral code, share your code, and track your earnings in the app by going to the Menu -> Refer a Friend
- You get paid for your referrals the same way you get paid for your visits.
Terms apply. For more information, visit the main article about referrals.
Simply contact us through the app (Menu -> Messages -> + New Message -> Support) and let us know. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help. Make sure you tell us the person's name and/or email.
You will get credit for all their work, even the work done before we added the person to your account.