To get paid, your visits must be approved, and you must request the payment through the app's Payment Center.
Assuming the information and photos you upload are accurate and complete, and that there are no revisions still outstanding, visits are approved eight business days from when you upload them.
Remember that business days do not include holidays or weekends.
Once your visit is approved, you can request a payment in the app's Payment Center. Survey has three pay periods each month. Payment request periods end on at 11:59pm EST on the 1st, 10th, and 20th of each month. Payments requested by those dates are paid over the next three business days.
Click this link to see a table that shows when visits will be approved and paid based on upload date.
To understand when you'll be paid, you have to understand three things:
- How the visit review and approval process works
- How to request a payment
- How the payment schedule works
- Payment schedule - visual
These three things together determine when you'll be paid. That's because you can only get paid for visits that have been approved for payment, you can only get paid by requesting a payment through the app, and payments get made based on a payment schedule.
This article explains the process and gives a few examples.
After you upload a store visit, it must be reviewed and approved for payment by our Quality Assurance (QA) team. They check each upload for accuracy and completeness. If everything is correct, the visit gets approved. If something is missing or needs clarification, they will contact you by email.
How Long It Takes To Review / Approve a Visit
Visits are approved on a fixed schedule.
Assuming that the information and photos you submitted are accurate and complete, and that there are no revisions still outstanding, your visit will be approved eight business days from when you upload it. Business days do not include holidays or weekends.
Once your visit is approved, you can request a payment. There is only one way to do this, and that is to do it through the app's Payment Center. Here's how:
- Login to the app and tap the menu button (top left)
- Choose Payment Center
- Enter your Paypal email (if needed, will be pre-filled if you had already entered it)
- Tap Request Payment
- Review the information shown on the popup and confirm if it's correct
Important Information About Payment Requests:
- You can only request a payment through the app
- We do NOT use Paypal.me so do not enter that in the Paypal Email field and do not send us payment requests via Paypal.me. This will delay your payment.
- Make sure the Paypal email you enter is correct. Check for typos, make sure it's the one listed in your Paypal account, make sure your account is set up.
Please note that when you get paid is not made based on when you completed and/or uploaded your visit. Payments are made based on when you request a payment.
If a payment period or payment request deadline is changed for any reason, we will notify you by email.
Payment Schedule Summary:
- Survey processes payments three times each month, and these are called Payment Periods
- Each Payment Period spans three business days (business days do not include weekends or holidays)
- Each Payment Period begins one business day after the Payment Request Deadline
- Payment Request Deadlines are always 11:59pm EST on the 1st, 10th, and 20th of each month.
- Payments are processed throughout the day on all the days of a Payment Period, including the final day, until they are done, which is usually in the evening on the final day.
Things to know before you contact us:
- We cannot tell you the specific day or time you will be paid - just that it will be paid by 11:59pm EST on the last day of the pay period
- The date you request payment does not affect the specific date / time you will be paid
- Payments are not made in order of request or alphabetical order
- Payments made on the final day of the pay period are not late
- 11:59pm EST is at night. It is not just before noon.
Please note that questions about the specific timing of payments will not be answered. You should only email us if you don't see an expected payment hit your account by 11:59pm EST on the last day of the pay period.
The schedule below shows when you will get paid based on when you requested your payment. We process payments throughout the day during each three-day pay period, all the way up to 11:59pm EST on the last day listed below.
The payment periods are occasionally extended when the volume of requests is extremely high. If this happens, we will notify you by email.
How to use:
The column to the left shows the payment request deadline. If you request a payment by that deadline, your payments will be processed on one of the next three business days, which appear on the next two columns.
If for some reason the payment period is extended, or the request deadline is extended, we'll let you know through the app and/or email.
The following examples will give you an idea of how to estimate when you'll be paid based on when you upload your store visit.
A Survey rep uploads a store visit on Tuesday, January 15th. Eight business days from then is Monday, January 28th. That's because business days do not include holidays or weekends, and January 21 was Martin Luther King Day. The rep would be able to request the payment in time for the February 1 payment request deadline and would be paid on either February 4, 5, or 6.
A Survey rep uploads a visit on Saturday, February 23rd. Eight business days from then is Wednesday, March 6. However, part of the visit was incomplete, and the QA analyst asks the rep to visit the store again to complete the requirements. The rep re-submits the visit on March 8. In this case, the visit may not receive final approval until the March 20 payment request deadline.