5-8-2020 This article has been updated to explain the changes to Survey's payment policy. With the exception of CT, MA, NJ, and NY, which will remain on the accelerated payment schedule, all others are moving to the new payment timing of seven days from upload.
Hi Survey Merchandisers,
First of all, Thank you. We continue to be in uncharted territory. Each day brings new challenges and new stresses to all of us. It is our goal to keep our business functioning by tending first to the health of everyone in our community. This starts with you.
Below you will find updated guidelines for minimizing risks while completing assignments. We take these seriously as they are important for both you, and the people around you.
We are also making the following changes:
Starting today, we FURTHER increased the base pay for all assignments. The increased pay is displayed in the app - there is nothing you need to do.
On top of the increased base pay, you will also continue to get special offers with boosted payments for certain assignments through the app.
Again, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WORK, if you are sick, feel sick, have been exposed to someone who is sick, are personally at a high risk of infection, or just don’t feel comfortable completing being in stores at this time.
Effective today (May 8, 2020), Survey is moving to a brand new payment policy. Previously, assignments were approved eight business days from upload, and then paid over a three business day period beginning a business day after the 1st, 10th, or 20th of the month. This meant that it could take up to 26 calendar days from upload to get paid.
The new payment policy is much faster, simpler, and better.
Now, assignments get approved six days (calendar days, not business days) from when you upload them. And payments will be processed by 11:59pm EST the day after you request them. That means you get paid seven days from when you upload your assignments.
For May 2020, assignments completed in CT, MA, NJ, and NY will continue to be paid on the accelerated schedule.
Please note that the faster payments applies to merchandising contractors only.
Reimbursement for Personal Protective Supplies*
We will reimburse you for purchasing items needed to keep you and those around you safe during your visits. This includes gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer.
There is a separate reimbursement survey in the app where you can submit receipts and photos for reimbursement.
* Restrictions apply. See "Personal Protective Supplies Survey" in the app or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Minimizing Risks While Completing an Assignment
When completing your assignment, you are required to comply with social distancing requirements and other guidelines from the CDC. This means:
- Maintain a distance of 6 from others
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as soon as you can after your assignment
- If soap and water are not readily available use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid all contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
- If you feel sick, or have come in contact with someone who is sick, stay home
- Clean and disinfect your device
- *NEW* Please follow guidance from the CDC to cover your face with a cloth mask
Bottom line: If you feel sick or have been exposed to anyone who may be infected with COVID-19, you should STAY HOME. If you feel comfortable completing assignments, you can continue as normal.
Survey is a part of the retailer supply chain. The services Survey, and you as a Survey Merchandiser, provide to retailers helps make food and other essential supplies available to shoppers. The need for the work you provide in stores continues to grow.
Note: if you local municipality requires, you may present this letter to attest that you are working with an essential service.
For full information about COVID-19 and Survey, go here or check out the apps Learning Center. We will continue to send updates as needed.