We at Survey Merchandiser continue to closely monitor developments on the COVID-19 coronavirus disease outbreak. The situation is dynamic and rapidly evolving, with new information, guidelines and recommendations emerging daily. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently characterizes the immediate health risk from COVID-19 as ‘low’ for anyone unlikely to be exposed to the virus. For the latest information from the CDC, click this link.
In an effort to help you stay safe while completing store assignments, please note the following guidelines:
Practice Good Hygiene
Besides COVID-19, we are in the midst of our regular flu season, and the most effective way to protect yourself from the flu or COVID-19 virus is to practice good hygiene.
Health officials recommend the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, all of which are entry portals for the coronavirus and many other germs.
- Coughing and sneezing etiquette (keep a distance from others, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash your hands).
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- It is not too late to get a flu shot if you have not already received one this flu season (they generally keep them through March, so do it now).
- STAY HOME if you are sick – which means coughing, sneezing, fever or runny nose. Do not tough it out or come to work, especially when you have fever or respiratory symptoms, such as coughing or sneezing. Tentative guidelines recommend that employees stay home for at least five days after onset of illness, and they should avoid returning to work until the cough has cleared and fever has been absent for 48h. The CDC offers additional advice here.
Keep Your Distance:
While completing your assignments, do your best to stay several feet away from other shoppers, app-workers, and store personnel. Avoid direct contact with others and wash your hands as soon as possible after any contact.
Respect Travel Restrictions
We strongly urge you to avoid traveling to areas for which the CDC has active Travel Advisories and Alerts. The CDC offers up-to-date travel advisories here. You may also contact your healthcare provider for additional information.
If You Feel Sick...
STAY HOME. Your safety and the safety of your community is more important than completing a store assignment. If you or someone you've been in contact with feels sick, we urge you to stay home.
Survey's Assignment Cancellation Policy:
You will not be penalized for cancelling an assignment due to health concerns. We ask that you contact us to cancel rather than letting your assignment expire or deleting it from the app. Please note that you may receive an automated message about expired or deleted assignments lowering your reliability rating. If you receive one of these, please contact Survey Support through the app and we will make the necessary adjustments.
Survey is following the developments closely and will update you when new, relevant information is available. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Thank you all and be safe.